Community Builder (CB) is an extremely flexible and robust social networking solution for Joomla. CB has a huge user base, a long history and a great future.
Social websites go far beyond Facebook look-alikes and CB has literally hundreds of built-in features and can be extended with extra (free or commercial) add-ons from the CB Team and other parties that will help you realize your very own - tailored to your specific needs - social networking website.
The hundreds of built-in features will help you accomplish the following:
- Gather important for your use-case profile data during or after membership registration
- Delegate new member sign-up approvals and proper behavior reporting with extended workflows and frontend moderation
- Configure awesome looking mobile ready profile pages for your members
- Promote interaction between your members with configurable and searchable user lists
- Provide powerful and engaging profile applications to your members
- Continuously motivate and engage your members with great built-in Joomla, Kunena (forum), K2 (content) and uddeIM (private messaging) integrations
- Keep your members involved with personalized and targeted ad-hoc mass mailings
- Manage everything from your mobile device or tablet
Community Builder allows you to:
- Create profiles for your members
- Identify users with first/middle/last name fields
- Add avatar photos to profiles
- Add unlimited CB fields to your profiles (text, image, textarea, html editor, integer, checkbox, multi-select checkbox, drop-down, multi-select drop-down, radio, date, email, weblinks - more available with add-ons)
- Use Custom HTML fields to put customized HTML code in profiles
- Configure fields to be read-only, for profile viewing, displayed with title, to appear on registration form, etc
- Control of core fields (email, username, etc), and ajax email and username checkers
- Custom field validations
- Organize fields in tabs that can be displayed in different built-in profile positions
- Create extended registration form
- Allow login using email address and password
- Manage registration and profile image approval in frontend with CB Workflow module
- Create unlimited CB User lists with powerful searching
- Let members connect with each other (mutual consent or one way)
- Display # of connections on profiles
- Show connection path between profile viewer and owner up to 6th degree
- Moderate your community with reporting, banning,
- Let members interact (using email or private messaging)
- Built-in private messaging, as well as integration with uddeIM messaging
- Built-in integration with Joomla articles (show article links in author profiles)
- Built-in integration with Kunena forum
Joomlapolis hosts free community driven support forums.
Optionally, Professional or Developer memberships can be purchased giving rights to same/next business day guaranteed forum support and access to many additional optional add-on plugins and privileges.
PHP 7.4 - 8.2 and MySQL 5.6 - 8.0.x (or MariaDB 10.x - 11.x) are prerequisites as well as Joomla 3.10 or 4.0 to 4.2 (latest PHP 8.0.27+ or 8.1.14+ and MySQL 8.0.36+, as well as latest Joomla 3.10.11+ or 4.2.6+ are recommended).
Previous CB version 2.6.4 supports PHP 5.6.40-8.0.x and MySQL 5.1 - 8.0.x as well as Joomla 3.x and 4.0.
Please do not use the reviews to post support issues. Use our free community forums or paid support system at https://www.joomlapolis.com/support
- CB Team at Joomlapolis.com
- Last updated:
Jan 24 2023
3 days ago
- Date added:
- Mar 05 2006
- GPLv2 or later
- Free download
- c m p
- J3 J4
Write a review