Community Builder (CB) is an extremely flexible and robust social networking solution for Joomla. CB has a huge user base, a long history and a great future.
Social websites go far beyond Facebook look-alikes and CB has literally hundreds of built-in features and can be extended with extra (free or commercial) add-ons from the CB Team and other parties that will help you realize your very own - tailored to your specific needs - social networking website.
The hundreds of built-in features will help you accomplish the following:
- Gather important for your use-case profile data during or after membership registration
- Delegate new member sign-up approvals and proper behavior reporting with extended workflows and frontend moderation
- Configure awesome looking mobile ready profile pages for your members
- Promote interaction between your members with configurable and searchable user lists
- Provide powerful and engaging profile applications to your members
- Continuously motivate and engage your members with great built-in Joomla, Kunena (forum), K2 (content) and uddeIM (private messaging) integrations
- Keep your members involved with personalized and targeted ad-hoc mass mailings
- Manage everything from your mobile device or tablet
Community Builder allows you to:
- Create profiles for your members
- Identify users with first/middle/last name fields
- Add avatar photos to profiles
- Add unlimited CB fields to your profiles (text, image, textarea, html editor, integer, checkbox, multi-select checkbox, drop-down, multi-select drop-down, radio, date, email, weblinks - more available with add-ons)
- Use Custom HTML fields to put customized HTML code in profiles
- Configure fields to be read-only, for profile viewing, displayed with title, to appear on registration form, etc
- Control of core fields (email, username, etc), and ajax email and username checkers
- Custom field validations
- Organize fields in tabs that can be displayed in different built-in profile positions
- Create extended registration form
- Allow login using email address and password
- Manage registration and profile image approval in frontend with CB Workflow module
- Create unlimited CB User lists with powerful searching
- Let members connect with each other (mutual consent or one way)
- Display # of connections on profiles
- Show connection path between profile viewer and owner up to 6th degree
- Moderate your community with reporting, banning,
- Let members interact (using email or private messaging)
- Built-in private messaging, as well as integration with uddeIM messaging
- Built-in integration with Joomla articles (show article links in author profiles)
- Built-in integration with Kunena forum
Joomlapolis hosts free community driven support forums.
Optionally, Professional or Developer memberships can be purchased giving rights to same/next business day guaranteed forum support and access to many additional optional add-on plugins and privileges.
PHP 7.4 - 8.2 and MySQL 5.6 - 8.0.x (or MariaDB 10.x - 11.x) are prerequisites as well as Joomla 5.0, 4.x or 3.10 (latest PHP 8.2.12+ and MySQL 8.0.36+, as well as latest Joomla 5.0.0+, 4.4.0+ or 3.10.12+ are recommended).
Earlier CB version 2.6.4 supports PHP 5.6.40-8.0.x and MySQL 5.1 - 8.0.x as well as Joomla 3.x and 4.0.
Our current nightly releases of all our add-ons support Joomla 5.0 natively, also without the compatibility plugin!
Please do not use the reviews to post support issues. Use our free community forums or paid support system at https://www.joomlapolis.com/support
- CB Team at Joomlapolis.com
- Last updated:
Nov 08 2023
2 weeks ago
- Date added:
- Mar 05 2006
- GPLv2 or later
- Free download
- c m p
- J3 J4 J5
Write a review