Ready to switch to Joomla 4 ? You want to try the latest and greatest features, but don't want to risk any crashes, downtime, or "white screen of death" ?
Welcome to MigrateMe 4.
This extension will create an exact version of your Joomla 3.x site ... but with a Joomla 4.x core, in a separate development environment.
This means you can test the new Joomla 4 system, confirm it actually works well, and check how nicely (or not) it plays with your third party extensions, custom template, plugins and so forth.
It's a one-click solution that will:
- Check your existing system, and ensure you're at a good starting point (must be Joomla 3.x or later)
- Apply any missing J3 updates, to ensure your database structure and filesystem are fully up to date
- Optimise and repair any database issues
- Create a standalone development environment - so you can safely test the new system
- Migrate your old data, files, folders, third party extensions
- Flawlessly set up your new J4 system with the correct users and access
- Allows 'safe mode' which provides a working Joomla 4 environment - even if your third party extensions normally cause a J4 crash
- Allow you to fully test the new environment, so you can safely apply any third party updates without any risk to your live system
- Allow you to deploy the new environment to the live - this also backs up your old system so you can roll back if needed
What this solution won't do:
MigrateMe 4 is great, but it can't update your third party extensions for you. After migration, you'll need to download the latest Joomla 4 version for each extension from the Joomla Extensions Database, and install on the new J4 environment.
MigrateMe 4 also can't automatically update any third party templates, or custom code - you'll need to update, or ask your developer / distributor for the latest Joomla 4 versions
Get Joomla 4 in 90 seconds
A standard Joomla 3.x system takes around 90 seconds to completely migrate to Joomla 4.
And in that time, MigrateMe 4 will copy all your existing files, duplicate your database, install Joomla 3, update your Admin area, save all your articles and data and switch you to the new Joomla 4 Admin interface.
Watch the tutorial to see just how easy the upgrade is!
Installation and usage instructions
1 - Install MigrateMe 4 to your Joomla! 3.x system
2 - Click the Upgrade button.
3 - Wait for the process to complete.
4 - Log into Joomla 4 and update 3rd party extensions.
5 - If everything is working well, click Go Live.
6 - Enjoy Joomla!
- Barnaby Dixon
- Last updated:
Sep 22 2022
2 weeks ago
- Date added:
- Mar 04 2022
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
- J3 J4
Write a review